Remember those days, waking up early in the morning to the smell of delicious breakfast at home. The fresh aromas of mom made authentic recipes used to awake us from our deep slumber.
Now, busy life dragging us far away from those reminiscences and busyness has been the order of every single day for our various accomplishments that we hardly get time to cherish those memories. Mostly we eat out as per our convenience. But there is nothing like home made food and nothing can replicate that taste even.
Experimenting with known ingredients and making something new out of it, seems like ecstasy of life. Sometimes, it takes only two minutes and sometimes may be lit bit more. But trying something new always boosts anyone’s creative urge.
There are various authentic recipes with which you can add up your own idea to create variety. Bread Idli is among of those. Idli is a South Indian recipe, commonly cooked with rice and urad dal. But you can use bread as basic ingredient for preparing Idli.
Ingredients for Bread Idli:
Slices of white bread
3-4 medium potatoes(boiled)
1 cup curd (yogurt)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely grated
1 t-spoon mustard seeds (Rai)
8-10 Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil as required
- Mash boiled potatoes and add onion, green chilli & salt.
- Heat 1 table-spoon oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves & little salt.
- To this pan, add Curd and turn off the flame. Mix it properly and keep aside.
- Cut the pieces of bread in circular shape.
- Now, spread the potato mixture on one side of the bread.
- Heat a pan and add 1 table-spoon oil to it.
- Put the bread Idli with potato side down on the pan.
- On the other side pour 2 table-spoon Curd mixture.
- Cover the pan with a lid and Cook the Idli on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, serve Bread Idli with potato side down on the plate, with green chutney or tomato sauce.
To craft a delicious story, proper cookware is always important. It helps you to present your recipes perfectly as per your plan.Fyne suggests you a widest range of cookware to make your each and every story memorable.